Jun 18, 2008

Meet Your New Cousin, Part 2

Today Sawyer got to meet Stella for the first time. This morning he told me he wanted to watch the "Baby Stella Movie" and then got Cinderella out of his movie case, so I think he's convinced that she is related to Cinderella at this point - hey, they DO both end in "ella!" At first he was a little timid and kind of disinterested since she was asleep, but as soon as she woke up he wanted to help feed her, tickle her toes and change her diaper. He was surprisingly gentle with her, and I think he's going to be a really good big cousin to her.




We skipped swim lessons tonight because the boys skipped their naps today, and I wasn't sure they were going to last too long at the pool. When we got home from seeing Stella there was a "scoop tractor" in our backyard, so the noise and the commotion made an afternoon nap impossible. We've spent the last two nights at the pool, and the boys are absolutely loving it! Instead we cleaned up the muddy mess that the landscapers had made of our front yard, and since Sutton looked like a champion mud wrestler after we were done, we let them test out the octopus sprinkler that Grandma Ardy got Sutton for his birthday. Needless to say, this Mommy is exhausted, and I'm really glad that tomorrow's plans actually don't include the pool or water play for once. I could use the day off!

1 comment:

Hollandra said...

How freakin' cute are the kiddos playing in the water? Hat and I had a bubble/water fight today too. A little spray down with the hose is super fun.