Jun 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

We went to visit Aunt Jolie and the triplets on Saturday to celebrate Grandpa's birthday. We took the kids swimming in the big pool, and I learned that my kids actually don't really care for a pool that they can't touch the bottom of. Next time I will definitely remember that I need a floaty toy for each of them in a regular depth pool. Even the life jackets, arm floaties, kickboard and pool noodles didn't seem to cut it. We tried to take some pictures of all Grandma and Grandpa's grandkids outside, but trying to get 5 kids to sit still didn't exactly result in stellar portraits, but we had fun trying! Aunt Jolie gave Sawyer the most awesome thing to bring home...a rainbow parachute! I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be popular at playgroup now that I can bust that out for the little ones (you hear that, Hattie? We've got a parachute to play with now - yay! Come over!)!




Sutton & Grandma in the pool


Lots and lots of boys (and we're still missing one in this pic!)


Ryland, Rachel, Jonathan, Sutton & Sawyer


Saw & Rachel



Sutton coming face-to-face with Tallulah (he LOVED her!)

We came home and the landscapers had planted our trees and laid down our sod, so we finally have a backyard that looks decently respectable. It's still going to be almost 2 weeks before we can actually walk on it, but I'm SO excited to finally look out my door and see something other than dirt! Grandma and Grandpa are staying here with us this week, so I'm sure I'll be updating later with even more pictures as we take the boys out and about. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Hollandra said...

Yay for parachutes! Yay for landscaping! Just think of all the time that we can spend trying to tire them all out with all your neat stuff......like 3 minutes worth. Woo Hoo! No, Hattie will be excited about the chute, and will try to find some way to slide down it.