Jul 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!



Yep, that's right, it's my birthday today! I have to say that it has been the best birthday EVER too! I woke up this morning to presents and a big breakfast - Sawyer has been telling me for over a month now that he knew exactly what gift he wanted to get for me, and he was so good about not telling me his surprise. Last night Mitch took the boys shopping, and they made a point of not even telling me where they were going. Sawyer was so secretive that at one point he said "When we get home from...um, the place that we're going...can we go swimming?" Sutton came home from shopping and said "I'm not going to tell you your surprise," and even after spending two more hours playing with them, no one uttered a word about it! I can't believe the restraint they both showed! Turns out that Sawyer's special present was a new dress that I can wear over my bathing suit at the pool. Love it!

Today we celebrated my birthday at the Splash of Summer Bash at our community clubhouse. We've lived in the area for three years now, but this is the first year we've ever gone to the party, and I'm so glad we did! It was way more fun than I thought it was going to be, and it wasn't nearly as crowded as I had thought it would be. The boys were convinced that it was my birthday party (a party with hundreds of strangers - who knew I was so popular? ;)), and it was definitely the coolest birthday party I've ever had :)




There were four different inflatables (three with water/pools and one jump house), a bungee trampoline and a rock climbing tower. The boys pretty much stuck to the basic bounce house, mostly because the ground was so hot that it was a pain to keep taking their shoes off to go in and out of them (the high today is supposed to be 105!).


We had a BBQ chicken and brisket lunch catered by JR's Texas BBQ - yum! Daddy let the kids indulge in all the goodies they were serving including orange soda, M&M cookies and Cheetos with lunch. The kids were in sugar heaven!


Afterwards we checked out some of the activity booths while the kids grooved to the tunes the DJ was playing. We played with all kinds of bubble making wands, got some temporary tattoos (there were twenty different bins of thousands of tattoos to choose from!), and made some craft projects (there were six different projects including funny oversized sunglasses, foam visors, fans and more).


They played ring toss and each won four pieces of candy from the big candy bucket (more sugar!).


We stopped by another booth for some cotton candy and popcorn (OMG could they have served any more sugar here?!?). The boys loved the popcorn, but neither of them really liked the cotton candy.


Then it was pool time!


We spent a long time cooling off and playing in the pool, and then made one last sugar stop at the snow cone stand!




The watermelon snow cone got a thumbs up rating from Sawyer!


Finally we cooled off inside for awhile with a magician and balloon artist. Check out Sawyer's awesome balloon motorcycle!

SO much to do, SO much fun, and SUCH a great birthday! Can you believe that the entire party and all the food, activities and entertainment were included in the admission price - only $13 for our entire family to spend the whole day there! Just taking the family out to lunch at JR's Texas BBQ alone would have cost us twice that much! The boys are all passed out on the couch right now taking a little snooze after all the festivities, and I'm enjoying a few minutes of peace and quiet. Tonight we're going to go to my parent's house for cake and ice cream to celebrate - it's Uncle Joe's birthday too!

No comments: