Today I was telling my sister about the incredible CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)organic produce deliveries that we've been getting since last summer, and I decided that I love it enough to share the info with all of you too. If you live in Northern or Central California, you have to check out Farm Fresh To You (if you don't live in the area, you can find a great list of CSA farms and organizations in your area HERE).
FFTY's produce is all certified organic, and they have TWENTY different boxes of produce to choose from each week (all fruit, all veggies, mixed, no-prep produce, etc. in several sizes). The best part...they deliver it to my house! Every Friday they post the list of box contents on their website, and I can decide if I want a box the following week or not. It's super easy to log on, choose my box or choose to reschedule my next delivery for another week. You can even set it up so that they will automatically deliver a specified size box every 1-4 weeks per your schedule. Love it!
This week we went with the "Mostly Fruit" box - YUM!
Seriously, it was too pretty not to set it all up and take some pictures of it all!
The bananas and a couple of the apples were already ours, but otherwise everything else came in the box today - lettuce, celery, broccoli, whole carrots, strawberries, mangoes, apples, peaches, apricots, lemons, oranges, and grapefruit...even a cantaloupe! All organic and all delicious!
Their prices are pretty comparable to grocery store organic produce prices, sometimes even a little bit lower...plus, they include that awesomely free front porch delivery and way-better-than-from-the-supermarket taste! (This box pictured above is the "regular" size @ $31)
While I was thinking about posting this, I started reading the weekly FFTY newsletter that comes with the box (filled with yummy recipes for this week's produce and fun stories from the farm), and lo and behold there's a coupon code for new customers on the bottom (cause you know how excited I get about a deal!)! If you mention my name (Heidi Kundin) and code #6164 you get $5 off your first delivery, and I get a discount too - double win! So what are you waiting for?
3 comments:
Those look sooooo good and tasty and FRESH!!
I wanted to thank you for voting for me! I truly appreciate it!!! :-) xoxo Thank YOUUU!!!
Heidi,
Congrats!!! Random.org selected you as the winner of the Kid Travel Kit giveaway on my blog! I was so happy to see your number come up! :-) Email me with your shipping info and I'll get it out in the mail to you right away. valerie (at) frugalfamilyfunblog (dot) com
Thank you soooo much for all your help spreading the word about the contest. Results will be ready in just a few days... ((fingers crossed))
This looks HEAVENLY. I wish we had a longer growing season around here.
Post a Comment