Apr 19, 2010

Slippin'-N-Slidin'

Yesterday was a sunny and gorgeous 77 degree day, and the boys were jumping around begging us to turn on the sprinklers for them to play in. Daddy decided that it was time for the Slip N' Slide to retire from its winter hibernation, and it turned out to be the best decision! Sutton sounded like a broken record, repeating over and over, "I want to do some slippin' and slidin'!" and soon Sawyer joined him in his chant. "Slippin' and slidin', slippin' and slidin', yeah!"


Sutton examining the set up and getting ready to test the water


Daddy decided to show Sutton how it's done: "Hold your arms out like Superman!"


Wheeeeeee!


Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have ourselves a true Slip N' Slide addict! He loved it! I wasn't sure it was possible, but I think he might love water play even more than he did last year!


Sawyer was still much more cautious, and he preferred to run back and forth across it instead of sliding on his tummy.


He was still having TONS of fun though!


Sutton demonstrating what happens when you run across a slippery surface! Whoops! ;)


Eventually Sawyer got comfortable enough to take a turn at being Superman too


"That was AWESOME! I want to do it again!"

We had the best day playing outside in the sunshine with each other! The boys played so hard and for so long that they skipped their naps. Eventually they both fell asleep on the couches - Sutton at 6:45 and Sawyer at 7:45 - I actually had to go wake up Sawyer for school at 8:00 this morning because he was still sleeping so soundly!

I ♥ My Family! How'd I get so lucky? I can't wait to see how much more fun it will be with THREE boys running around!

No comments: