Jul 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!



Friday was my 31st birthday - yup, I'm officially IN my thirties now, despite the fact that most people think I look no older than early 20's (thank you to those folks who keep on telling me those lies lol). I spent the morning with the boys and our best girl friends. Holly got me the best present ever. A couple of months ago we were shopping at the Gap (coughKidscough), and I found a yellow flowered skirt that I completely fell in love with. Alas, they didn't have my size in the store or online, and since it was already on sale they weren't going to be getting any more in stock. Booo. Little did I know that their power of "No more" was no match for Holly's skirt finding skills - she managed to track down one last skirt in my size and have it shipped to her for my birthday. She also found a yellow tank top to match it, and voila - my most favorite (and heartfelt!) birthday present! LOVE it!


I seriously couldn't wipe that ridiculous cheesy grin off my face!


Posing for our mandatory birthday self portrait


Later that afternoon I dropped the boys off at my parents' house for the night, and Mitch and I headed to the wonderful world of Ikea for our birthday date night. I know that most people probably don't think of a trip to Ikea as a great date, but I delight in every minute that I can shop and browse large stores kid-free! I managed to blow most of my birthday money in one fell swoop, but I came home with new lamps, bath rugs, a 25 cent clearance puppet theatre for the kids (and everyone else's kids that I know!), a cake decorating kit, these woodland animal cookie cutters, and a few other odds and ends. Best of all...a gigantic slice of Ikea chocolate overload cake! It just wouldn't be a great birthday without having my cake before dinner!



We wrapped up the night with dinner at Chili's followed by more late-night kid-free grocery shopping at good old Walmart. Like I said, getting shopping done without having to tote the boys along is definitely worth spending my b-day at Walmart ;) I had a fantastic day, and I want to say thank you to everyone who helped make it special for me! xoxo

3 comments:

Mama King said...

Happy Birthday!! I know what you mean about kids free shopping...what a luxury!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Happy Birthday!! What a great skirt... I love the whole outfit!!

theUngourmet said...

Happy Birthday! Being in your thirties is wonderful! I loved it. Being in your forties isn't so bad either. :0)

You can't beat the Ikea 25 cent puppet theater!