Oct 25, 2008

"Your House Looks SOOO Awesome!"

Our exterior Halloween decorations are finally finished and put up, and not a minute too soon since tonight is the night for the association judging! We've been busting our butts for the past three days getting it all put together, and I'm really happy with the finished results. It's definitely different from last year, not only because it's a new house, but also because we felt like we needed to make it a little more kid friendly since our boys are now more aware of things that are "scary." It should be a great backdrop for Halloween pictures at our playgroup next week!

We've had every kid in the neighborhood over at our house today checking things out and helping out, and I think it's safe to say that they all think we're the coolest people on the block now! Even their parents have come over to hang out for awhile and chat and let us know how much they love the decor - yay! While I was outside this evening trying to take a few pictures, a car slowed down and stopped right in front of our house. I thought it was probably one of the contest judges, but after a minute the guy rolled down his window and said to me, "I just have to say that your house looks SOOO awesome!" before he drove down the adjacent court to pick somebody up. The new neighbors that are moving in two doors down seemed to be impressed as well since they stopped Mitch to talk to him and then slowed down and took another lingering look on their way out. So, whether or not we end up winning a prize, we're the coolest house on the block right now, and that's all that matters LOL!

It's incredibly hard to get good pictures that actually give you the whole feeling and atmosphere of the outdoor lighting and all, but here are my attempts!








My favorite part is definitely the silhouette of the hanging man in the window...which I stayed up until all hours of the night painting last night!













Mitch made our creepy ghost grave keeper. We used one of Jessi's doll heads from cosmetology school to make it look like there might actually be someone inside the costume waiting to scare you!


Here are a few pics of the boys helping to get everything all set up...







Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr!
Mr. Cool

2 comments:

Hollandra said...

Oh My GAWD!!!! It looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in person. I am thoroughly impressed. You guys are seriously talented.

Anonymous said...

Wow,
Your house turned out great. That is so awesome that you won a prize ane took 4th place. See you for Halloween.